Persona 5 Strikers is an incredibly vast game with a multitude of hidden caveats. Here’s a list of 35 Essential Tips and Tricks to get you started, including strategies and secrets you need to succeed in Persona 5 Strikers, divided into several different sections to guide you through the Persona universe.
Looking for something specific? Click/Tap the links below to jump to:
35 Essential Tips and Tricks
Whether it’s Persona fusion tips, looting your enemies, tips for where to put your Bond Points, or how to spend your hard-earned money, we have you covered in our detailed Tips and Tricks guide below.
Exploration Tips and Tricks
- Above Leblanc Cafe is the Hideout. At the Hideout, you can infiltrate a Jail, use Sophia’s Online Shop, and access the Velvet Room. Other Hideout features become available as you progress through the story.
- Buy cooking ingredients whenever possible and prioritize cooking SP food whenever possible.
- If you find yourself low on health, change the difficulty, or leave a Jail quickly with a checkpoint. There is no penalty for doing so, and your HP + SP will be restored. The Security Level of a Jail will also be reset, and you can always head back in immediately after.
- You can heal a party member in a jail using a Persona skill; have them selected as the party leader and cast the healing spell (eg: Dia) out of combat.
- You can Auto Restore your full team by pressing down on the directional pad, but if you’re running low on resources, open your items bag by opening the command menu, and choose who to use items on manually.
- You can change your party anytime out of combat by opening the command menu and selecting Stats.
- If you are spotted too many times by spotlights, your progress will be reset, and you’ll forced to exit the Jail and come back again later. Be sneaky! Check your Security Level as you progress in a Jail—or you can lower the security level by using items and winning battles. Check the security level by using Third Eye with ZL.
- Third Eye will reveal red marks or “Dire Shadows”. These shadows are incredibly strong and will yield better loot.
- You don’t have to fight every Shadow on a map. If you’re feeling over-leveled, or if you simply don’t want to fight, use your surroundings to jump high to avoid enemies and pass through to the next area.
- Look for a red Persona Hat marker, or C for Checkpoints, on a Jail map to find access to the exit of a Jail. You can choose to go back and explore, change your party, save the game, and more.
- There are several loot boxes to pick-up on the Jail map—keep your eye out for any shining boxes and chests! Let no treasure chest go unopened!
- When investigating out in Shibuya for leads, talk to your companions on the map when possible. Sometimes they’ll give you free items.
- When venturing around town (in the real world), open the map with – and select a destination to travel quickly to various points in the city. You can open Jail maps with – too, but you can’t fast travel within a Jail without first gaining access to a Checkpoint.
- The red ! will always show you where to go next. But if you’re still lost, objectives and requests are always displayed at the top right of your screen.
- Look for glowing blue doors in the real world to gain access to the Velvet Room. One of the many entrances to the Velvet Room is located in Central Street next to the weapon shop.
Combat Tips and Tricks
- Each character has their own unique set of skills known as Master Arts. By using that character in combat, they will gradually learn those abilities. As a character learns this Master Arts, their capabilities in battle will expand. Look under Stats in the Command Menu for more information.
- You can’t control how much SP commands your party members use in combat, so it’s recommended to stock up on SP-healing items whenever possible, or exit and re-enter a Jail to heal up.
- You can use your surroundings in battle to your advantage! Jump atop structures with the A button. Then use special moves like “Spin” by pressing X.
- You can surprise enemies from behind by approaching without being spotted and then press X to perform an ambush. Performing an ambush will give you a preemptive strike on the enemy. Remember, this can go both ways.
- When a boss’ health falls, they will call for reinforcements. The backup is made up of regular shadows and while not all of them are offensive, they make up for it in numbers. Focus on taking them out to prevent their skills from connecting. For instance, some summoned enemies will use recovery skills to heal the boss, so be sure to take them out quickly.
- Sometimes, you can perform a Baton Pass in battle. This will temporarily boost the rate that the Showtime gauge increases. Use Baton Pass often in combat to use your comrades strengths as your own. Try switching to Ann and using Agni when you’re up against a foe vulnerable to fire.
- If enemies feel too difficult to handle, you can change the difficult at any time in the settings menu, or you can do some leveling inside the Jails.
- Joker can wield many different Persona types in combat… make sure to always bring a variety with you so you have the upper hand!
The Velvet Room Tips
- The Velvet Room gives you access to the Persona you capture in combat. And in the Velvet Room, you can fuse or strengthen the Persona in your collection. By fusing Persona together, you can create more powerful Persona to use in combat.
- Any Persona used in Persona Fusion will be lost once they’ve been consumed. But for a fee, you can summon all Persona you have previously registered. Personas you’ve previously captured can be recorded in the Inmate Registry in the Velvet Room. By paying a fee, registered Personas can be summoned with the abilities they had at the time they were registered. If a Persona is already registered, registering it again will overwrite the previous entry with the stats and abilities of the version you are currently carrying. So if you level any Persona up in the Velvet Room, be sure to register them before leaving.
- In order to fuse a Persona, Joker’s level must be greater than or equal to the new Persona’s starting level. It also requires a great chunk of money to fuse Persona, so start saving early!
- The result of fused Persona can inherit skills from their “parent”. Grow your Persona and learn abilities, then once you’ve used them in a fusion, transfer your favorite ability to the resulting Persona. Pick and choose wisely!
- By spending Persona Points, you can level up your Persona. Be aware that Personas can only be leveled up as far as Joker’s current level through this method. As you progress through the story, there are other methods you can use to strengthen your Persona besides just leveling them.
- Persona Points are obtained by capturing Persona from battle or through fusing or releasing Personas.
Other Tips and Tricks
- Venture into stores like Big Bang Burger or The Pharmacy on Central Street to pick up quick healing items. Who knows, you might find a super rare healing item that Sophia doesn’t sell in her shop. You can always order from Sophia’s Online Shop, but some goods can’t be found online. So keep an eye out for good deals as you explore the city.
- Always save your progress when prompted.
- There are a ton of tutorials under System and Config.
- With the Smart Shopper Bond Skill (2 Points) you can purchase specific items for a limited time (at a lower price) from Sophia’s Item Shop. Check back often!
- Don’t sell any of your items or materials. You never know what you may find useful later!
- Gathering intel to progress in Jails is pretty simple—just walk around Shibuya and press “A” next to groups of people to eavesdrop when prompted. You can also venture into local shops for some juicy gossip, then meet back up at the Hideout to share any information you find.
- Bond skills are learned by growing closer with your companions and fighting together in the metaverse. Raise your Bond level to purchase more Bond skills and to receive more help from your teammates in combat.
- Some facilities in each city you visit will provide a boost on your Bond Level. Keep visiting them during the day to increase your Bond Level. Also, you can interact with these facilities multiple times repeatedly going in and out of a Jail.